Tuesday, November 28, 2006

"You can call me Flower, if you want to..."

I'm baaack! What a great weekend. Photos from Godpa soon (yes I forgot to use my own camera again).
Let's get the mandatory food bit out of the way, shall we?
Pecan Pie with Dreyer's vanilla ice cream is my new favourite dessert.
I watched about 7 movies in five days - action: The Sentinel (voted bo-rringg! by me, vic and el) and M:I 2 (great! better than the third!) and a late-night series of shamelessly chick-flicky chick-flicks in Victoria's room: When in Rome, where the Olsen twins still kinda looked alike; A Cinderella Story, with that hilarious "bend-and-snap" lady from Legally Blonde; and What a Girl Wants which I must admit I like a lot.
I watched the start and end of the restored platinum edition of Bambi, where I fell in love with Thumper all over again, and on the bus ride back the girl to my left was watching Little Women which I now believe is one of the most perfect shows out there.
And the movies were just a teeny part of Thanksgiving! Just hanging out with the coolest god-family in the world, hearing Christmas carols 24/7 on the radio (they're played the day after Thanksgiving) and being in a real home-home (not a college apartment) again was priceless. My first Thanksgiving will forever bring back memories of swinging my heart out at the CFNI playground and attempting to play basketball after dinner, hearing Victoria's shrieks, Godma's laughter, Peni-el's drumming and Godpa's wise counsel (really), making a surrealist-looking island with weird characters ("Take me to your leader!") with the clay Kellee and Harlen brought, trying to mold my piece of clay into an exact replica of a bunny a la Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit but failing badly, hitting the mall on Black Friday and seeing the crazy sales, finding the perfect pair of sunglasses for $5...
It was the perfect pick-me-up. :) Bring on the finals!

No comments: