Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The Thanksgiving Post

First of all, apologies to those of you who can't follow the convoluted peach-club/ swirlyscentedpen discussion going on to your right... It's just a bunch of my sec 3/4 classmates reminiscing about our good ol' MGS days. That's all we do, basically. We can't seem to let go. So just indulge them.

I had one hour of class today and that was it! Yesss. Thanksgiving is upon us! It's almost like a Fall Break. Most teachers cancelled classes today, even though the official holidays are tomorrow and Friday. In about 5 hours I will be on my way to Dallas. And I have much to be thankful for:

Got my paycheck today! HaHA!
Watched the Longhorn Singers (school choir) on Friday and they did a frighteningly good rendition of Michael Jackson's "Thriller", complete with ripped clothing and in-sync twitching. Haha, guess you had to be there.
Went to pretty Zilker Park Saturday evening and then watched Borat. I think it was pretty good social commentary. There's no disputing Sascha Baron Cohen's talent. But...
Went to a UT Basketball game yesterday with some Nav people... The first live game I've watched. Go Longhorns! Wish you were there, Marko. Kevin Durant is amazingly good. And there was this blimp-like thingy shaped like a bottle of BBQ sauce floating around the stadium.
I'm starting to like fall weather. Especially when the sun comes out and its cold and bright. I just need a whole new wardrobe to match it. I should really learn to knit my own scarves.
I've been eating so much Mexican lately but I don't seem to tire of it. Rice, beans, guacamole, chicken, pico de gallo, cheese, onions, lettuce... It can't beat cai fan (1meat 2veg) from Bukit Batok but it sure comes close :)

I know I talk about food almost every post. I can't help it.

I'm still agonizing over whether I should take Latin next semester. It's apparently difficult for some and a breeze for others. Urgh decisions decisions.

Okay, I'm gonna start packing now. I'll be back with tales of turkey and pumpkin pie... unless the Chins are doing a Chinese dinner, which is perfectly fine by me! Bye guys...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well thanks for going for the game
and making me feel so




JEALOUS!



HAHA
we were just thinking about the time you took the star shaped multivitamin and tried to wash it down with water
it got stuck
haha

love you