Saturday, November 11, 2006

~

It's a month to finals. And I'm kinda not used to having a long Thanksgiving weekend of fun and turkey and celebration in the middle of this crucial period. Back home, the final stretch of a semester is one long month of living in the library, skipping classes to study, going for intense tuition sessions, stocking up on coffee... stuff like that.

But Thanksgiving is what's keeping me going right now. I'm going to Dallas to see the dear godparents and have a nice home-cooked meal, will be able to wake up after 5:40am on Thursday and Friday. Definitely something to look forward to.

I finished the third latest instalment of the Isabel Dalhousie/Sunday Philosophy Club series by Alexander McCall Smith. It's called "The Right Attitude to Rain". It's the only book series I've ever followed in my life, and it's fun to be able to put a story aside and then return to the same characters again half a year later. I'm hoping that Professor McCall Smith won't hurry the publication of the next one - I like the idea of revisiting a place after some time. Namely Edinburgh, where the story is set.

Hungry. Bye.

No comments: