Saturday, November 11, 2006

TexRenFest 2006




I'm a terrible photographer. I couldn't be bothered to take pictures of all the knights, ladies, pirates, witches, monsters, etc. which were present at the Renaissance Festival so all you'll get is a shot of me and a troll. I figured there are much nicer pictures on the website.
It was still a fun experience (though half the day was spent driving there and back). I watched the joust (I think the results were fixed - England won every time!), saw some side-splitting medieval comedic acts, listened Shakespeare's musings on the current state of the world and ate 'battered pig' (basically a huge corn-dog). The fireworks display at the end of the night was really CLOSE and breathtaking. I love the type of fireworks which kind of glitter as they fade out.
Oh yes, and here's a belated Halloween photo of me as a crayon box. With my lovely crayons.

No comments: