Monday, March 17, 2008

New Orleans, Part Two

I found my dream vehicle!
Weird pose, Chris.
This car reminded me of Austin. Love the vaguely hip-hoppy spray-painted fleurs-de-lis..
Possibly my favorite street performance. Gave him a dollar.
Cafe Du Monde's famous beignets (pronounced ben-YAYs). Think French hum chin peng with heaps of powdered sugar. Best eaten with a steaming cup of their cafe au lait (background).
There is an art to eating beignets outdoors, and I haven't mastered it yet. Kirsten looks like she knows what she's doing, though.
Our wonderful four poster bed.
The board said "Pin your home country," So I did.
Outside Angeli on Decatur, home of great red pepper-bacon-pesto-swiss cheese burgers and pasta salad. I like that tattooed man in the background.
My only souvenir - a print by local artist James Michalopoulos. When I get rich I want to buy more of his stuff :)
The gang again, after walking 45 minutes in search of the obscure Angelo Brocato Ice Cream Shop. So worth it.
Next to the porch swing, the B&B's best feature was its hot tub. Nothing like a good hot bubbly soak on a rainy night.
Yet another weird pose from Chris. Our room was the door to the right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Gill, having great time yah! I like the french hum chim peng with powder sugar yum yum...

Heard the great news. Rejoice and Hallelujah! Looking forward to seeing you in May. Take care

Ee2