Monday, September 03, 2007

Tubing

Yesterday afternoon, after church, a bunch of us drove to New Braunfels (a town an hour away from Austin) and did this. I didn't bring my camera 'cuz I didn't want it to fall in the water, so I don't have any pictures. But it was a highly relaxing and enjoyable time. We basically floated and horsed around in the Comal River for 2 hours, with a little river ride thrown in somewhere in the middle. Kinda like the "Eye of the Storm" ride at Singapore's short-lived Fantasy Island. It was cool because we floated by all sorts of rented chalets and bungalows where people were having parties and barbecues. Really worked up an appetite. At the end, we were all herded, like dripping wet cattle, into a truck and driven back to our cars.

Today is Labor day and I'm catching up on my reading.

No comments: