Sunday, April 20, 2008

#120

Confession: Sometimes I deliberately put off blogging in hopes of appearing really studious to you guys. Or to make it look like I'm caught up in an exciting whirlwind of mind-broadening and horizon-widening activity, when in reality all I've been doing these past few weeks is eating, sleeping, going to school and reading.

Whew. Glad I got that off my chest :) I'm in the Presidential Lounge of the Texas Union now - a great study spot because it's perfectly silent. Sip your Frappuccino a little too loud, and you get shot dirty looks. But the lounge is also adjacent to the Union Ballroom, which is currently the venue for
a dance rehearsal, so we've been made to listen to Lifehouse's "You and Me" three times so far... What day is it? And in what month? This clock never seemed so alive... Not that I mind. I love that song.

This week I had to register for next semester's classes. I am a true nerd. Whenever the new course schedule comes out, I feel like a kid in the candy aisle, giddy with excitement. Which English course to pick this time? Which professor got the best ratings on pickaprof.com? What books are they teaching? I initially signed up for beginner's Italian on a whim (Spanish would've been the more practical choice) but later dropped it for Czech Literature, because I want to be able to say I've read Crime and Punishment. Also registered for The Social Dramas of Henrik Ibsen, because I got a taste of his works in NUS and really like A Doll's House. I only get to choose two classes next semester, because the other three are mandated by the UTeach program: Advanced Methods in English, Adolescent Literacy and The English Language and its Social Context. Not looking forward to that last one... I'm not big on linguistics.

Found a cool artist on etsy.com: Liza Corbett. So gorgeous. This is my current wallpaper, and I so want to buy this to hang on my wall. I'm thinking of taking a beginner's drawing class at Lasalle when I get back, or at the Austin Museum of Art next semester. I desperately want to get past drawing angels and flowers, but can't.

My pop song of the moment is Kylie's "All I See." It's so darn catchy! Original, acoustic, remix version... all good. Give it a listen and see if you don't find yourself tapping your foot.



Three weeks to this (Sorry Mom, I guess you were taking the picture):
Green curry, pineapple tarts and Pokka green tea around the best dining table in the world.

No comments: